Thursday, December 15, 2011

Baby Steps

I really enjoy prepping. I don't have a big budget that I can devote to getting the "things" associated with prepping so I have to do it in baby steps. What I try to do is each month increase my food storage, educate myself with a new skill, improve my fitness/health, and add to my prepping supplies. Deciding to not do everything at once is the only realistic way I can prep. I find that I just have to keep track of my current inventory and skills, and plan my purchases.
When I first started, I didn't keep track of my inventory. I went through my supplies and realized that I had 12 poncho's for 3 people. I also know that I really would like to get an "Epic" or "Awesome" Water Purifier but I need to budget for it. So if I had been careful and kept track of what I had, instead of the extra 9 poncho's I could have used that towards my water purifier. Oh well, another lesson learned from experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment